Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Out of the Doldrums


I fear last night’s Writings ended up sounding rather dark, and not at all as Optimistic as I often feel. When I think on it, I do have quite the collection of lovely friends and acquaintances still at school and at least four graduated school fellows will be very near. Adding Master Fox, well, it will be quite the family away from family! After yesterday’s funk, it was particularly nice to have a pleasant morning and today started quite well for I awoke to a call from my Corsair (something that could never fail to make a morning better) who was himself particularly cheerful as he started training for his new Employment this day and will soon be a Proper Working Man and not my Fine Ruffian at all! This is not to say he wasn’t before, for he is often occupied in many theatric and artistic endeavors, but for those he makes no salary and the Public Eye is not so keen to consider them “real work.” The only misfortune that this change brings is that he shall have far less time available for playing the Knight to my Lady, and with my departure fast approaching such moments as we might have together are already Much Diminished. Of course, it is not fair of me to sulk, for should he not be working we would see nothing of each other in the days further ahead, as he would have no other recourse than to walk the great distance to my Ivory Tower.
Ah well! Although I am at times of a difficult nature, Corsair puts up with my moods like a gentleman, so I feel I owe it to him to be, at least in this matter, a gracious and gentle woman (as I am quite sure that our separation will not be hard solely for myself).

In any case, I have enough to occupy my thoughts today, for Mother and I are in town with much business to accomplish, from paperwork to repairing my primary writing machine, with hopefully time for a few last minute purchases for school and a mother daughter luncheon in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment